PIANO ACCOMPANISTS MUSIC QUIZ NO 1
Valerie Dickson 2011
1. Name 6 long-sitting piano accompanists who have made their mark in Brisbane’s music world. State reasons for your choice.
2. Which prominent Australian ballet instructor inspired Agatha Christie to write her most famous mystery murder, The Mousetrap? How?
3. What became of the Dying Swan in the ballets of: a) P. Tchaikowsky? B) C. Saint-Saens? C) E. Kats-Chernin?
4. How many waltzes did the Strauss family compose? Why?
5. Which piano accompanist featured in the original version of The Hunchback of Notre-Dame?
6. What were the famous last words of: a) P.Tchaikowsky? b) A.Vivaldi? c) M.Ravel? d) W.A.Mozart? e) N.Weir?
7. How many ballet dancers does it take to make a Company?
8. TRUE or FALSE? Ballet pianists suffer from: a) Malnutrition? b) Worn-out fingers? c) Waltzitis (Left Hand)? d) Numb Bums? e) Life’s excesses – booze, drugs, etc? f) Cross-eyes? g) Serfdom? h) Neglect? i) Low pay? j) Caffeine addiction? k) Squint? L) Broken fingernails?
9. Who reputedly said “Oh no, not another xxxxxx ballet” and why?
10. Write ideal job descriptions for a P/T piano accompanist position with the following: a) Q.D.S.E. b) T.Q.B. c) Q.U.T. c) R.A.D. e) Q.S.O.
11. How many musical counts are there in a ballet bar?
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO THE EXAMINING BODY AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org. HER DECISION WILL BE FINAL. A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED TO THE MOST NUMBER OF CREATIVELY INCORRECT ANSWERS. COLLABORATION IS PERMITTED.
You must be logged in to post a comment.